Hello Nannies! Welcome to our information page. Please see the subpages below if you require more advice and information on any of the following.
With Nannyinsure, the policy covers the policy holder for:
– £5million public liability insurance
– £50,000 personal accident cover
– *NEW* You can use the policy abroad for up to 90 days consecutively with a total of 180 days over the period of cover.
The Nannyinsure policy costs £70 including insurance premium tax. The policy is specifically for nannies and will not cover for other domestic staff duties. Contact Nannyinsure to apply: 0203 137 4410
Agreeing a gross salary is the way to go and this article from the wonderful Nanny Lounge explains it perfectly. Working out your net salary from your gross salary is very easy to do with NannyTax’s calculator.
– 12 hour paediatric first aid certificate
– Public Liability Insurance
– An Enhanced DBS Check on the Update Service
– A recognised childcare qualification or, if you’re an unqualified nanny, you’ll need to complete a Common Core Skills course.
Once you have all of the above in place, you will need to sign up to the Government Gateway website. From here, you can then apply to join the Ofsted register. Ofsted registration can take up to 12 weeks.